I have been admiring pendant lights with rattan or woven shades in them that has been on-trend in home designs for a while. I always see them on Pinterest and Instagram. I love how it completely gives a space that organic, warm, and modern feel. Below are my personal favorite pendant lights that I really think will be perfect above our round dining table. As simple as they may look, they can be pricey. So I added it to my d.i.y. to-do lists.
Just a little background, we moved our round dining table to a space which was used to be our formal sitting area. The reason for this was that we temporarily converted our dining room area as a bedroom for my mother-in-law who moved in with us last year. She suffered from severe knee osteoarthritis that climbing up stairs is now impossible for her. Unfortunately, all of our bedrooms are located in the second level of our house.
Then the holidays came and we have to host a Christmas family dinner. Although we do have a kitchen island that we have been using for parties. This time I wanted to set up a sit down dinner. Then this idea of a pendant light came to life. This was such a last minute project and I was really surprised that it turned out great.
Here is how I made it.
I purchased the following:
- First, remove the basket handles being careful not to cut any seagrass.
- Thread the light fixture in the center of the basket.
- Measure the desired lenght of the pendant light and mark the placement in the ceiling.
- Hang the pendant light using the screws and hook provided in the kit.
- Admire your beautiful woven pendant light.
- Note: This light fixture kit is a plug in one. I don’t have an existing wiring on the ceiling above our dining table which made this a perfect option. The cord is long enough to swag it to a nearby wall outlet.
And check out how magical is our dining room at night with my d.i.y pendant light.
Thanks for stopping by. And please let me know what you think of this d.i.y. project. Feel free to like and share. And I hope to share more soon!